Sunday 22 August 2010

Pleased to meet you.

My name is Kitty and I am a writer.

I am working on my first novel, the first in a trilogy set in a post modern world not unlike our own, following characters not unlike you and I. Like all writers, I have hopes and fears, I hope people will enjoy reading my work - and I hope to make a living from it, and I fear it will be unread, and the work will be to waste. I feel it's likely a universal trait of those hoping to join the ranks of the published - and recognised author.

I am in my 20s, although not for much longer and I live in Scotland. I have always, for as long as I can recall, wrote stories, whether it be handwritten or on the much abused word processor that took me through my teens, or one of the many computers that have suffered under my ownership. I have written about anything and everything, although the darker, morbid side of me tends to show through. I am not an overly pessimistic person but I have morbid fascinations, part of which sees the American prison service death row sites as part of my regular web consumption. I can't help but be fascinated by death, and all the ways by which it greets us.


This blog is to start my journey as my first draft is well under way. In all my years of writing, I have never been more prepared to write a novel, I have notes which cover many spiral bound notebooks, dog eared and hand drawn maps of my setting and a passion and drive to complete this. In many ways, I am a writer re-born, having wrote for years on the premise that all you need to do is start writing and see where the story takes you. That works, but for me - the confidence to do a piece of novel length comes from the background and history. I have lived and breathed my story, I know my characters and my hope is that one day I can bring them to you :-) And on the flip side of the romantic musings of a writer, I also hope that in bringing my work to the public, the public can bring to me the funds to get a mortgage. Practicality being the curse of modern writing. ~ Kitty

No comments:

Post a Comment